Thursday, June 14, 2012

Salads are healthy...right?

Stupid salad, I should have looked it up before eating it.  The hubby and I were running late for work this morning, and we didn't get our snacks/lunches packed for the day {sad face}so we ran over to McAllister's Deli for lunch.  I was wanting a big crunchy salad, so I went for my old standby of the Southwest Cobb Salad.  It consists of mixed greens, a corn relish, chicken breast, tomatoes, guacamole & chipotle ranch dressing with tortilla chips on the side.  I don't care for their guac and I never eat the chips so I handed that over to the hubs.

I started by adding about half of the portion of dressing they give you...and I should have stopped there!  I ended up adding all of it, and found out afterwards that the dressing alone was 420cals!!!! Are you kidding me?  I just ate an 850cal salad, what if I would have eaten the guac & chips???? UGH.  My normal lunch is the same amount of calories as the dressing alone.  Thank goodness it kept me full until just now when I came home for dinner #1.

Today's food consisted of:
Breakfast - 1 whole grain waffle w/ peanut butter, honey, banana & chia seeds {318cals}
PostWorkout - 1/2 of a Svelte Cappuccino Protein shake {130cals}
Lunch - Southwest Cobb Salad minus the chips & guac from McAllister's {850cals}
Dinner #1 - slice of leftover pizza and a huge bowl of watermelon {395cals}
Dinner #2 - 1c. of peas, a serving of deli turkey chopped up, 1/2 a serving of cottage cheese, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese & red pepper flakes {225cals}
Snack - Blackberries {60cals}
Calories left for the rest of the night - {90cals}

In the weightroom I started with 3x4 Hang Cleans {165, 185, 195} Lat Pull Downs 3x10; Low Rows 3x8; Shoulder Press 3x8; Assorted Core.  Felt really good except for the tweak in my shoulder during cleans.  I saw the trainer and started treatment for a strained muscle behind my shoulder blade, but it won't hold me out of anything as long as it doesn't increase pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment