Thursday, June 7, 2012

Feeling like an athlete again!

It feels so good to be getting stronger again.  I haven't really been losing any weight from my workouts, but I am starting to feel athletic again.  Nowhere near where I was in college, but it's getting there!

This morning I hit the weightroom and did 3x8 Squats (155, 185, 205 lbs.); 3x8 Bench Press (115, 135, 155 lbs.) and didn't quite get the full last set;  1x20 Weighted sit-up (25lbs); 1x20 Weighted twist sit-ups (25lbs); 1x20 Pull Overs (25lbs.); 1x10 4-Way Shoulder Series (7.5lbs); Simple Six back exercises;

I haven't got in any sprint work this week, so I should probably include that tomorrow.  We'll see what happens!

Yesterday for dinner the hubby & I went to a local joint called Flaming Amy's Bowl.  It is a hibachi style restaurant, but they have other flavors besides Asian.  I made myself a bowl of chicken breast, black beans, peas, corn, red onion, green onion, red peppers and brown rice with chipotle bbq sauce.  HOLY MOLY was it fantastic!  Definitely an easy enough thing to replicate at home if I can find a similar sauce.  And fairly healthy too!

Tuesday night we had Cajun Salmon, Asparagus & Baby Potatoes cooked in foil in the oven.  Another tasty & healthy meal!

Monday was lean ground beef with sweet potatoes, peas and a bit of mozzarella that we added a little ketchup to for flavor.

It's been a pretty healthy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment