Sunday, March 25, 2012

Weekend Recap

As I said yesterday, I was on a trip for work.  These trips happen EVERY weekend from January through May, and I usually eat like junk on them.  We walk a fine line between good food & cheap food when we stop for meals.  You see, we provide a cash allowance for all of our athletes (per diem) to eat on for the trip.  And it's not very much.  We try to stop places that provide variety, but inevitably it's all fast food.  There's just so many times you can eat at Subway without getting sick of it, and after hearing my cousin got food poisoning there a couple weeks ago, I'm a bit leary.

That being said, I tried very hard this weekend to make mindful choices, even at the fast food restaurants, it is doable!  Friday, I chose Wendy's, I ordered a sour cream & chive potato and a 5-piece nugget.  Total calories was just over 500 and it only cost me $3, and it was delicious.  For dinner that night, there was a Wal-Mart next to the restaurants we stopped at.  I bought some Sandwich Thins and some Carving Board Turkey and made myself 2 sandwiches and ate some fruit that I had packed in my cooler.  And last night I chose Arby's for their Turkey & Swiss Wrap

Breakfast at the hotel was great.  I made a packet of instant oatmeal (maple & brown sugar) and added some peanut butter for protein and a chopped up banana. DELICIOUS! For the time I was at the track I packed my insulated lunch box with lots of fruit & some Clif Bars.  I had leftover Sandwich Thins as well, so I grabbed a couple extra peanut butters & jellies from the continental breakfast at our hotel.  It kept me tided over very well.

No real exercise for the day, but I was on my feet ALL day.  I probably put in over a mile walking back and forth from the hammer ring to the javelin runway, amongst other walking.  Then at the end of the day I had to walk to our van so I could pull it up to the entrance to pick up the athletes.  Mind you, we are in the mountains, I had to walk up a HUGE hill with my 20 pound backpack on, and once I got to the top I had to climb a set of about 25 stairs.  My calves were on fire & I was huffin' & puffin' by the time I got to the van.  So I did get some movement in a nontraditional way.

We'll see what today brings.  I should clean the house, that burns calories, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment