Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Setting New Goals

As an athlete, I found it very easy to train.  I looked forward to going to practice and the weightroom daily because there was an outcome that I was working towards.  Over the past few years, since I "retired" from competitive track & field, I've found it very difficult to continue working out.  If anyone has read my past blog entries, they probably have noticed this.  I post a few days or weeks of workouts, then I quit.  I've known that I needed a new goal, something else to train for, for quite some time, but I haven't been able to figure out just what that was.  I've thrown around the ideas of getting back into throwing, power lifting, olympic lifting, among other things.  

In the end, I have decided to train like a Physique Competitor.  Whether or not I will have the guts to walk across a stage in a teeny bikini in the end is yet to be determined.  But the end goal (which will take a LONG time to get to) will be to compare myself to other women walking across the Olympia stage.

I have just completed Day 3 of my lifestyle change...and so far so good.  Here is a glimpse of what's been happening:
Sunday night meal prep with the hubby.  I prepacked all of my lunches for the week (2 each day)
First meal at work was DELICIOUS!  Chicken, Rice, Peppers & Onions.
Today's meals: Chicken with Quinoa & Veggies; Chicken with Sweet Potato & Broccoli
Have you ever tried a Quest Bar?  They are amazing!!
This is how I felt after my mile "run" today.  I am NOT a runner!
I rocked my 2nd Generation iPod to listen to some No Doubt during my workout today.
Dinner tonight was especially spectacular.  Sirloin, Mixed Veg, Roasted Potatoes.

So this is just the beginning.  There is still a LONG ways to go.  Step 1: Lose some weight.

Starting Weight: 228.8lbs








No comments:

Post a Comment