Friday, July 13, 2012

1 RM


I decided after last Tuesday's squat workout that I wanted to test my progress by maxing out in squat and bench today instead of my normal workout. I had been looking forward to it all week, getting a good 1 rep max is such a great feeling! 

So I started this morning by getting my body fat percentage calculated.  I wasn't planning on it, but a couple of my athletes were getting theirs checked and I decided to join in the fun.  Now, it wasn't a great number, but it was much better than I was anticipating.  Now for the numbers...deep breath...I weighed in at 228.2lbs and was 21% bf.  If you do the calculations that is actually 47lbs of FAT...yikes!  But I am happy with where I am going at this point.

Then it was time to hit the squat rack!  I was hoping to hit 300lbs.  I got 360!  That was just a few pounds under what I did in college.  I am hoping now to push 400 in the near future!!!  I rounded things out with a bench max of 195, about 20lbs under where I was in college.  I had a great morning, but my legs are DEAD now and I could really go for a good back rub ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment